Raw Vegan Sausage
Whether you like sausage or not, you’re going to be impressed with this vegan sausage recipe.
Sausage dates back to the Greeks and Romans, and traditionally is made from meat, such as pork or veal. Even your sausage lover friends will be pleasantly surprised with this vegan version.
Looking for a vegan breakfast sausage recipe? Serve with dinner , over vegan mashed potatoes, or for breakfast, covered with a vegan gravy or sauce.
Vegan Sausage Recipe
Equipment Needed: Food Processor
Yield: approximately 8 sausages
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon basil seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped into small pieces or diced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
Note: If sun-dried tomatoes are on the hard size, chop into small pieces or dice, then place in bowl with water and allow to soak for 10 minutes or so. Use paper towel to pat dry before using. This will soften the tomatoes and make them the right soft, chewy consistency for sausage, and make them easier to process.
1. Place walnuts in food processor equipped with ‘S’ blade, and process or pulse into small pieces (do not over process and turn into butter).
2. Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT, fresh basil or parsley, whichever you’ve chosen to use. Process to mix ingredients.
3. Add chopped fresh basil or parsley and pulse together.
4. Mixture should be a dough like consistency, making it easy to roll into sausage shape. If too dry, add small amount of water and process together.
5. Roll into sausage shape and dehydrate for 4-6 hours at 105-110 degrees Fahrenheit. Meatballs will be dry or hardened on outside and soft inside.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, Vegan Sausage Recipe, leave a comment below:
Certified Health Consultant
LifeWave Independent Distributor
David spent 27 years in the mortgage/real estate business, and currently holds a financial life license, but for over 31 years one of his passions has been natural health and prevention of disease. For 31 years he has lived a natural food lifestyle. He is an author, and certified as a health and transformational coach, and plant-based chef. Today his main focus is to bring hope into a person’s life through various resources, proven to reverse aging, elevate health, maximize thought life and emotions, and live with unparalleled, fully persuaded faith!
“It breaks my heart to see people suffering, or aging faster and living in pain and limitation. Or to see someone who has fallen into the rut of living, unable to reach their full potential. God has designed us to live amazing lives, and sometimes it just helps to find someone who will come along side and provide the hope and direction needed at that moment.”
To learn more about David, go to Image What Could Be.
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.