Pecan Goji Chocolates – Can’t Eat Just One!
Another fall-in-love-forever chocolate treat. Good any time of the year, but with the accent of red goji berries, this Love Bite is especially good for Valentine’s Day, Christmas time and during the holiday season.
This recipe is a two step process – first prepare the goji balls, then make the chocolate and combine according to the preparation steps listed below.
Pecan Goji Ball Recipe
Equipment Needed: Food Processor
Yield: approx 12 balls
- 3/4 to 1 cup raw, soaked and dehydrated pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons goji berries
1. Using a food processor, equipped with an ‘S’ blade, process pecans into a meal, but do not over process. Add maple syrup, coconut butter and vanilla extract, process to mix well. Add goji berries and pulse to mix and break up goji into smaller pieces but large enough to see.
2. Using your hands, roll mixture into small balls and place on plate, set aside, and proceed with making the chocolate.
Equipment Needed: n/a
- 1 1/4 cups raw cacao powder (sifted to remove lumps) (Or 3/4 cups cacao and 1/2 cup raw carob powder (sifted to remove lu
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (at room temperature or slightly warm)
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter (my personal choice is Artisana Raw Cashew butter – rich and creamy, which adds a creamy smooth texture to chocolate)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (warmed to a liquid state)
- 1/3 cup cacao butter (warmed to a liquid state)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Paper candy cups (1 1/4″ base x 3/4″ wall)
1. Using a large mixing bowl, place sifted cacao and carob powders (if you don’t have both only cacao or only carob powder can be used). Add cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, cacao butter, and vanilla extract, and mix with spoon until smooth and creamy.
2. Spoon small amount of chocolate into paper candy cups. Place one pecan goji ball into center of chocolate – push down, causing chocolate to rise up around ball.
3. Place in freezer for 20 minutes to harden up, then store in refrigerator.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, Pecan Goji Chocolates, leave a comment below:
Certified Health Consultant
LifeWave Independent Distributor
David spent 27 years in the mortgage/real estate business, and currently holds a financial life license, but for over 31 years one of his passions has been natural health and prevention of disease. For 31 years he has lived a natural food lifestyle. He is an author, and certified as a health and transformational coach, and plant-based chef. Today his main focus is to bring hope into a person’s life through various resources, proven to reverse aging, elevate health, maximize thought life and emotions, and live with unparalleled, fully persuaded faith!
“It breaks my heart to see people suffering, or aging faster and living in pain and limitation. Or to see someone who has fallen into the rut of living, unable to reach their full potential. God has designed us to live amazing lives, and sometimes it just helps to find someone who will come along side and provide the hope and direction needed at that moment.”
To learn more about David, go to Image What Could Be.
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.