Delicious Raw Carrot Cake
I’ve going to try my hand at making a raw carrot cake for the past year or so. Is this called procrastination … ? Be that as it may, I finally decided to do it, so I searched for various recipes and then as usual, I end up slightly tweaking them by adjusting ingredients. This was my first attempt, and yes, it is delicious and one I’ll make again.
Raw Carrot Cake Ingredients:
Equipment Needed: Food processor and high speed blender
Yield: 8 pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon date paste or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Walnut pieces for topping
- Using a food processor, shred or process carrots into small tiny pieces.
- Using a food processor, combine walnuts, date paste, shredded carrot, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, coconut flour, and coconut flakes together and combine until mixed together.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a loaf pan or glass pan with parchment paper vertical and horizontal so you can pull up the cake easily once set.
- Firmly place cake mixture in the pan and place in the freezer while you make the icing.
- Using high speed blender, add soaked cashew, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend until a silky smooth.
- Remove cake the loaf pan and spread the frosting over top of cake, and side edges if you prefer.
- Sprinkle with walnut pieces and gently pat walnuts into frosting.
- Place the cake back in the freezer, for 4 hours minimum (overnight is fine).
- Remove, cut into pieces, and serve (allow to set for 10 minutes or so before eating).
- Store in refrigerator or keep in freezer.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, Delicious Raw Carrot Cake, leave a comment below:
Certified Health Consultant
LifeWave Independent Distributor
David spent 27 years in the mortgage/real estate business, and currently holds a financial life license, but for over 31 years one of his passions has been natural health and prevention of disease. For 31 years he has lived a natural food lifestyle. He is an author, and certified as a health and transformational coach, and plant-based chef. Today his main focus is to bring hope into a person’s life through various resources, proven to reverse aging, elevate health, maximize thought life and emotions, and live with unparalleled, fully persuaded faith!
“It breaks my heart to see people suffering, or aging faster and living in pain and limitation. Or to see someone who has fallen into the rut of living, unable to reach their full potential. God has designed us to live amazing lives, and sometimes it just helps to find someone who will come along side and provide the hope and direction needed at that moment.”
To learn more about David, go to Image What Could Be.
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.