Home Made, ‘Natural’ Corn Tortillas
Making your own corn tortillas, using organic corn (no GMO), and fresh ingredients may take a bit longer than running down to the grocery store, but they are so much better for you. Plus they are fun to make them.
Corn Tortilla Recipe
Equipment Needed: High Speed Blender and Dehydrator
Yield: 12 tortillas
- 4 cups seeded and chopped yellow bell peppers (you can use orange or red peppers, it will only affect the color of the tortilla)
- 3 cups organic corn kernels (personally, I keep a supply of organic corn kernels in the freezer. Trader Joes sells them, if you have a store near you)
- 2 cups peeled, and chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and mash (use a fork to mash it)
- 3 tablespoons of psyllium powder
Note: Psyllium husk powder is made from the seeds of a plant native to Southeast Asia. It contains 70% soluble and 30% insoluble fiber. It attracts a lot of water to itself and forms a slippery gel as soon as it’s exposed to water.
1. Place yellow bell peppers and zucchini in high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add the corn kernels, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and salt and blend until smooth.
3. Add avocado and blend again.
4. While blender is running and you have a vortex, and psyllium powder and blend for a few seconds, just enough to get it mixed well.
5. Next, using a teflex sheet, place four 1/2 cup measures onto each teflex sheet. Using an offset spatula, form four flat discs, approximately 6 inches each in diameter, keeping them separated from each other.
6 .Dehydrate at 105 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-12 hours or until you can easily flip tray over and slowly remove teflex sheet.
7. Continue to dehydrate for another 3-4 hours or until they are dry and flexible.
8. Store in glass container – tortillas will keep for 2 weeks in refrigerator or 2 months in freezer.
Note: if tortillas become dry and hard, moisten them with water to soften.
Mole Sauce Recipe
Mexican Seasoned Un-Meat Filling
Certified Health Consultant
LifeWave Independent Distributor
David spent 27 years in the mortgage/real estate business, and currently holds a financial life license, but for over 31 years one of his passions has been natural health and prevention of disease. For 31 years he has lived a natural food lifestyle. He is an author, and certified as a health and transformational coach, and plant-based chef. Today his main focus is to bring hope into a person’s life through various resources, proven to reverse aging, elevate health, maximize thought life and emotions, and live with unparalleled, fully persuaded faith!
“It breaks my heart to see people suffering, or aging faster and living in pain and limitation. Or to see someone who has fallen into the rut of living, unable to reach their full potential. God has designed us to live amazing lives, and sometimes it just helps to find someone who will come along side and provide the hope and direction needed at that moment.”
To learn more about David, go to Image What Could Be.
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.