Coconut Apple Crookie Recipe
Here’s another, is it a cracker or is it a cookie?
No, I call it a Crookie … and so good, you won’t care what its called.
Forget the sugary cookies, or those advertised healthy crackers, but there not. I guarantee, this coconut apple crookie will satisfy your desire for a cookie or a cracker.
Original cracker recipe by Amie Sue.
Coconut Apple Crookie Recipe
Equipment Needed: Food Processor and Dehydrator
Yield: Depends how large or small you want your crookie to be (approx 35-40 crookies)
- 1 banana
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chopped organic apples
- 3/4 cup organic apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- If more sweetness is desired, 1-2 tablespoon raw honey, lakanto, or a few drops of stevia.
- Using a food processor, fitted with ‘S’ blade, process banana, apple sauce, lemon juice, apple pie spice, maca, and salt. Taste test to see if sweet enough. If desired, add sweetener mentioned above.
- Add shredded coconut, until well mixed.
- Add apples, pulse to blend them in mixture.
- Place on dehydrator sheet and spread evenly. Score into desired shapes and sizes.
- Place in dehydrator at 145 degrees for 1 hour, then reduce temperature to 115 degrees.
- About 4 hours later, when top is beginning to harder, flip over onto another dehydrator tray. Peel teflex sheet off crookies, and place back into dehydrator.
- Continue for another 5-12 hours, depending upon how chewy or crisp you desire your crookies.
- Store in glass container in pantry or refrigerator for up to a couple weeks. Or freeze, for future – use within 1-2 months.
If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can try your oven. Use cookie sheet, covered with parchment paper, not wax paper. Heat on lowest temperature and check often so you don’t burn and destroy your crookies.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, Coconut Apple Crookies, leave a comment below:
Certified Health Consultant
LifeWave Independent Distributor
David spent 27 years in the mortgage/real estate business, and currently holds a financial life license, but for over 31 years one of his passions has been natural health and prevention of disease. For 31 years he has lived a natural food lifestyle. He is an author, and certified as a health and transformational coach, and plant-based chef. Today his main focus is to bring hope into a person’s life through various resources, proven to reverse aging, elevate health, maximize thought life and emotions, and live with unparalleled, fully persuaded faith!
“It breaks my heart to see people suffering, or aging faster and living in pain and limitation. Or to see someone who has fallen into the rut of living, unable to reach their full potential. God has designed us to live amazing lives, and sometimes it just helps to find someone who will come along side and provide the hope and direction needed at that moment.”
To learn more about David, go to Image What Could Be.
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.