Best and Healthiest Chocolate Ever
I am always trying to help my clients satisfy their sweet desires with healthier no or low sugar, but tasty treats.
When it comes to protein or chocolate bars, personally I am not too impressed by what I see in the stores. Many are higher in sugar or contain ingredients that I’m not too excited about.
I enjoy ‘real’ chocolate and all its benefits, but it has to meet my standards. For that reason I almost never buy chocolate products found in markets. This recipe not only combines ‘real’ chocolate but other healthy additions. It’s not just a treat but a meal – including healthy fats, including omega 3, protein, fiber and antioxidants.
Best and Healthiest Chocolate Recipe
Equipment Needed: None
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw cacao powder (or 1 cup cacao and 1/2 carob powder)
- 1 cup chopped organic cacao butter – I like the wafers, they are easier to chop into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat grouts. This adds a nice crunch and more healthy benefits. Or try organic unsweetened puffed rice crisps.
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- Optional: if you desire more sweetness, add 2-4 T date paste.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Vanilla extract
- Using a chef knife, chop the cacao butter chunks or wafers into small pieces so that it melts down faster on low heat. You’ll probably need to add some coconut oil with it so that you get about 3/4 of a cup of liquid oil. I personally use a metal measuring cup and warm over stove top.
- Place all ingredients in a glass mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add cacao butter/coconut oil liquid to bowl and mix together. If mixture is too dry, add more coconut oil in liquid form. If too runny, add cacao powder to thicken.
- Spoon ingredients onto plate … using a spatula spread mixture about 1/2 thick and score into bars. You can also use a glass container instead or in addition to using a plate. When using a glass container, I lay parchment paper on bottom and spoon and spread mixture, again about 1/2 thickness. Score into bars. Then place in freezer for an hour.
- Take out of freezer and separate bars. Place on a cutting board and cut bars into bite size pieces. Place in a container and store in refrigerator.
images of chocolates to be posted soon.
Certified Health Consultant
David spent over 27 years in the mortgage/real estate business. But 33 years ago, God re-directed his life and placed in him a passion for natural health and prevention of disease. Today, David is a certified health consultant, and for the last 33 years has lived a natural food lifestyle and discovered simple, key components for living a lifestyle of health and vitality. One of the early things David realized is that disease was NOT the result of a drug deficiency. And that everything we think, say, and consume or are exposed to in some manner or another either supports our cellular structures or causes them to age faster and breakdown.
David believes there is nothing more important than to live within God’s blueprint for one’s life. Each of us has been given specific gifts, talents, and purpose that are to be lived out on a foundation of faith in Him and His Word.
“It saddens me to see people suffering, frustrated, or discouraged with life … and fall into the rut of living, unable to reach their full potential: spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially. I think it’s also a travesty in this country people that are not educated in personal health care, nor in how to protect their privacy, assets, and often liberties. God has designed us to live amazing lives, and sometimes it just helps to find someone who will come alongside and provide the hope and direction needed at that moment. It’s about bringing together your personal and business aspirations into a balanced vision for your life, aligned with His Word.“
“Bottom line, what balance do you need to bring to your life, what type of life do you desire to create that enables you to be all you can be and live a life with no regret – a life that produces a faithful servant?”
To learn more about David, go to Image What Could Be.